Sunday, January 4, 2015

LITTLE Christmas Winner and Top 3

Hello all,


Alison here with one final duty to perform at Our Creative Corner... and what a pleasurable duty it is.  It's winners time!

I hope you're all recovering from the festive season (though there's really another two days to go for the full 12 Days!).  I've had a great time, not least with visiting all your fabulous tiny creations for my Have Yourself A Merry LITTLE Christmas challenge.  Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us.  It wasn't easy deciding on the Winner and Top Three but eventually I got there.

First though, I'd like to announce the winner of the prize from our sponsor last month, Tando Creative.


The winner, selected by Random.org is....


Congratulations Erin! We will be in touch soon to arrange delivery of your Tando prize!


*****************************

And now, drumroll please for the Winner and Top Three...

The winners of the Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas challenge
are  
The Elves in the Attic (appropriately!) with their Off Kilter Christmas Humour.

This trio of Stampotique ATCs is just terrific.


I love the shabby book page backgrounds with the gentle wash of colour.


I love the vivid colouring on the quirky characters.


And I love the downbeat humour of the words.

Congratulations to Julie Steed - the power behind the Elves!


***********

And for my top three, in no particular order, I went for...



Definitely a trio after my own heart - delicious soft vintage blues and browns, fabulous crackle, and great stitching detail... and such powerful words too.  Delicate, detailed, textural and so beautiful.  A really glorious trio of ATCs.




I love the attention to textural detail on this rustic ATC - brick wall behind, woodgrain for the window frame, Stickles for the snow, as well as great tinting on the sentiment and a lovely glow around the candle flames, shining out into the snow.




Something really appealed to me about the bold, simple look of this ATC, with its smart red border echoing the tinted accents of the image.  I love the chalkboard stamping effect, and the fabulous inky splattered look of the background.  (Great photo too!) 


***********************

Congratulations to all the winners - but, seriously, a huge thank you to all of you who played along.  I could have picked my winners five times over!!

So that's it from me... and sadly it's the end of my very last duty as a member of the Our Creative Corner Design Team.  I'll wish you a very fond farewell, and leave you in the excellent hands of Laura and her brilliant team.

The January challenge, hosted by one of our fantastic new designers, Pamellia, is already well under way, so come and share your Christmas Leftovers with us by the 28th January.  

Check out all the challenge details and rules to make sure you're in with a chance of winning the prize draw, sponsored this month by the wonderful Nicecrane Designs.

Happy Crafting all!
Alison xx



5 comments:

  1. The elves and I are taking a break from a much-needed cleaning of the studio today. What a delightful surprise to see my name up there. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ladies, these cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Each one is unique and beautiful, wonderful job!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful surprise! I am so happy and so excited :) Thank you so much!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all! So many beautiful projects! Thank you so much for featuring my ATC's Alison ~ I'm so honored! Looking forward to joining along again! Happy New Year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all the ladies - beautiful ACT's!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx